Southsea Rocks Hotel is committed to ensuring that your privacy is protected. We will only collect, store and use your personal information for specific purposes. We use your information to support and enhance our relationship with you.
Southsea Rocks Hotel may update this policy at any time. You should check this page from time to time to ensure that you are happy with any changes.
By continuing to use our website, you understand and acknowledge that we will collect and use personal information as described in this Privacy Statement.
The information we collect about you
We collect the following information:
- Contact information, including: title, name, postal and email address and phone/mobile number.
- Information about your preferences for your stay.
- Transaction information, including payment and reservation information and booking details.
- Purchase history; like the dates of your stay and other indicated preferences.
- Guest feedback.
We do not store credit card details nor do we share them with any third parties.
We collect information about your internet activity using the technology known as cookies, which can often be controlled through internet browsers. For detailed information on the cookies we use and the purposes for which we use them, see our Cookie Statement.
Personal information from children: We do not administer bookings from children under 18 years old and we do not knowingly collect their personal information. As a parent or legal guardian, you should not allow your children to submit their personal information without your permission.
Personal data you give us about others: In situations when you stay with other guests whose details you may provide as part of the reservation; or make a reservation on behalf of someone else, you should only provide us with information about other people if you have their permission to do so. It’s your responsibility to ensure that the other person is aware that you have done so and that this individual has accepted that we use their personal information as outlined in our Privacy Statement.
What we do with the information
All the information we collect via your booking or through email correspondence with you is used to perform our contract with you, improve the service we offer you and to personalise our service. We use your information for:
- Bookings: We use your personal information to administer your booking. If the required personal data is not provided, we will not be able to administer your booking. When you make a reservation with us, we will send a booking confirmation by email. On occasion, we may get in touch with you by email or by phone with information related to your stay, meeting or event. This is to respond and handle requests you have made or to assist you and provide you with other relevant information. We may also use your contact information to communicate transactional and marketing materials through email or phone.
- Online Services: As you make enquiries and engage with us, information is gathered about you. In order to assist you and provide with relevant information, we may process your personal information when you communicate with us using our website, via online chat, contact us or enquiry form or externally via social media to question us or inform us of any requests or preferences you may have.
- Direct Marketing
- Communication: We may also use your contact information to send marketing communications about our products and services. We may send our customers newsletters by email. There may be other times when we get in touch by post, by phone or by texting you, depending on the contact information you share with us. We also send you an email related to your upcoming stay, such as how to contact the hotel, and information that we feel might be useful to you in planning or getting the best out of your stay with us. You may opt-out from marketing communication at any time by clicking the relevant link in the e-mail message or emailing us at email@example.com. We will remove you from our database within 10 working days of receiving your written email request.
- Guest Review: We may use your contact information to invite you to write a review after your stay. If you don’t want your name to show with your review, you can be displayed anonymously. By completing a guest review, you’re agreeing that it can be displayed on, for example, our websites and our social media accounts.
To provide our products and services to you and perform our contract with you, we may collect data about you from other third party sources. We may then combine this information with information that was given to us and information we collect about you. This may include information from your travel agent, online companies whose websites allow you to book various travel services (e.g. Booking.com, Airbnb) and other partners. We may use this information for the purposes described in this Privacy Statement.
If you choose to participate in our social media activities (e.g. competitions, shared offers or other promotions), we may use the publicly available information you voluntarily share with us during the activity (e.g. your photos). This information might only be used in connection with that specific activity.
To better understand how you interact with our websites, enhance the user experience, and improve the functionality and quality of our services, we may also use your data for analytical purposes.
We may ask our customers to take part in market research. Any additional personal details that you give us as part of the market research will only be used with your consent.
Who we share your information with
We are committed to protecting your privacy. We protect your information from unauthorised use or loss and will only pass your data to our business partners, to fulfil your requirements, improve our services or where we are required to do so by law.
We use a range of third parties to provide services – either directly or indirectly. Where relevant, these companies are required to comply with our data privacy and information security standards when handling personal data and we aim that they do not compromise your personal data and information. We may share your personal data and information if we believe in good faith that such disclosure is authorised by law or is necessary to protect your personal safety. Such disclosure may include a cross-border transfer of personal data and information. If legally compelled to disclose your information to a third party, we will use commercially reasonable efforts to notify you in advance of a disclosure unless legally prohibited.
Links To Other Websites
We may publish and/or send links to other websites of interest. However, you should note that we do not have any control over other websites. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement.
We would advise you look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
By making a booking you consent to the information you provide to us being processed for any of the above purposes.
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
A cookie is a small file which asks permission to be placed on your computer's hard drive. Once you agree, the file is added and the cookie lets you know when you visit a particular site. Cookies allow sites to respond to you as an individual. The site can tailor its operations to your needs, likes and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your preferences.
Overall, cookies help us provide you with a better website, by enabling us to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not. A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us.
You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer.
Controlling your personal information
You may choose to restrict the collection or use of your personal information in the following ways:
- Whenever you are asked to fill in a form on the website, look for the box that you can click to indicate that you do not want the information to be used by anybody for direct marketing purposes
- If you have previously agreed to us using your personal information for direct marketing purposes, you may change your mind at any time by clicking the unsubscribe link at the bottom of the email or by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org
- We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission or are required by law to do so.
- You may request details of personal information which we hold about you. If you would like a copy please email us at email@example.com or write to Southsea Rocks Hotel, 4 Florence Road, Southsea, Portsmouth, PO5 2NE.
If you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please email us as soon as possible, at firstname.lastname@example.org or write to us at Southsea Rocks Hotel, 4 Florence Road, Southsea, Portsmouth, PO5 2NE. We will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect.
Security and retention procedures
We take security responsibilities seriously, employing the most appropriate physical and technical measures, including staff training and awareness and we review these measures regularly.
We will keep your personal data for as long as it is necessary to enable you to use our services, to provide our services to you, unless a longer retention period is required. This is to comply with applicable laws, resolve disputes with any parties and otherwise as necessary to allow us to conduct our business, including to detect and prevent fraud or other illegal activities. All personal data we retain will be subject to this Privacy Statement. If you have a question about a specific retention period for certain types of personal data we process about you, please contact us via the contact details provided below.
Unfortunately, we cannot guarantee that our website will always be secure or free from bugs or viruses. You are responsible for the security of your information technology. Please use your own virus protection software.